Blue Society Citizens’ Promise
The Blue Society sets the Ocean at the heart of our lives to achieve long term progress for human well-being.
The Ocean is our life support system on Earth and we need to maintain it for future generations. The Ocean:
- provides us 50% of the oxygen we breathe via phytoplankton
- gives us water, as a key player in the water cycle
- feeds us, providing an essential source of proteins
- supplies us with raw materials, minerals and other substances we use daily
- revitalizes us offering physical and psychological benefits
- inspires us and enriches our cultures
- unites us, as the vehicle of trade and telecommunication exchanges
Blue Society recognizes the essential role of the Ocean in our lives and our need to conserve this irreplaceable
resource. The Ocean holds tremendous opportunities to meet society’s present and future needs. It can feed and
care for more people, provide renewable and clean energy, create jobs, generate more equity, etc. By sharing
knowledge and involving citizens and stakeholders, the Blue Society can initiate innovative solutions and positive
Blue Society relies on the potential of the Ocean for a better future.