2. Local population
Tools and equipment needed
1. Film on the clinic of the sea turtles; Powerpoint presentation in 2 languages (French and
2. Charter of the sea turtles’ protection;
3. For the game on the sea turtles’ epic journey: table tennis balls.
Means to engage
1. Invite schools to visit the clinic and take part to educative programmes: caring team as well
as educative team, space to welcome the public, contact with local schools.
2. Create a Charter and a game activity to show how difficult it is to follow juvenile turtles.
3. Produce a film and a Powerpoint presentation on this clinic to show it on outreach activities:
video material and TV, computer.
Partners to involve
1. Business and private sector: Tourism infrastructures such as Intercontinental Resort and Spa
2. Interpretation centre and museum: Moorea Dolphin Center
3. National agency and institution: Ministry of the Environment.
1. Explain reasons why such a clinic caring for the sea turtles has been created.
2. Presents the turtles’ species to be seen in French Polynesia.
3. Show the importance of these turtles’ preservation.
1. Film showing to show the care given to the turtles.
2. Exchange and debate with the pupils on the role of sea turtles.
3. Implementation of the game « the epic journey of the sea turtles ».
4. Explaining the Charter to protect the sea turtles and encouraging the pupils to sign it,
detailing the means they will use to respect and protect the turtles.
« We are engaging ourselves to help sick or captured turtles, respect rules of behaviour at sea, not to pollute beaches and the ocean, not to fish the turtles and protect the nesting site…” Charter signed by Papetoai 11-years-old pupils (CM2), Moorea (océane, miriama, tepoe, alison, manutea,
tetua, pascal, arthur, rosemonde, tahia…)
« You are using magnificient educative tools that are very useful to help pupils understand the importance of looking after the sea turtles in Polynesia » Justine, school teacher CE1 (10-years-old pupils) from Maharepa, Moorea.
« Your engagement is an example ! ». Social worker accompanying a CM1 classroom (10-years-old pupils) from Tamahere, Tahiti.
- Show the importance of sea turtles’ protection in French Polynesia and to built a real visual tool to educate the public and the pupils.
Marine and coastal habitat / Education
Te Mana O Te Moana
Moorea Dolphin Center and InterContinental Resorts & Spa.
The clinic of the Sea turtles
French Polynesia / Asia Pacific